Announcements‎ > ‎


posted Mar 8, 2013, 10:41 AM by Micah Mobley   [ updated Mar 8, 2013, 11:38 AM ]  

WHAT:  The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

This form has to be filed by Sunday, March 10th.  At the bottom of this posting is a letter we sent home that explains some things about the purpose of this form.  If you want access to any of the money that is available from federal or state government, to use towards college THIS FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED BY SUNDAY!  Even if you are not certain about going to college after high school, this form is good for the 2013-14 school year, and does no harm by having it completed.  

Go to the website above and fill it all out.  It might take a little time, but if you gather the documents in the list below, then you should move through it fairly quickly.  

You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents' income information if you are a dependent student.

For the 2013-2014 school year you will need financial information from 2012. You may need to refer to:

Social Security Number (student’s and parents’)
Driver’s license
W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
Federal Income Tax Return (current year or previous year)
Your parent's Federal Income Tax Return
Untaxed income records – Soc. Security,TANF, welfare
Bank statements
Alien registration card (if not a U.S. citizen)

To organize your information, you can print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet before you begin entering your information online. However, you are not required to do so. FAFSA on the Web will guide you through the questions that you must answer, and you can save your application and return to it later if you don't have the information you need to answer any of the questions.
Keep these records! You may need them again. Do not mail your records to Federal Student Aid.

Micah Mobley,
Mar 8, 2013, 11:26 AM